The consistency of the Briarfruit.
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-24 01:00:25 UTC
today he quoted the controversial Milton Friedman

"The Great Depression, like most other periods of severe unemployment, was
produced by government mismanagement rather than by any inherent
instability of the private economy." - Milton Friedman (1912-2006)"

and they you post a quote by Fiedman saying it was the Government's fault.

but on 08-12-09 ,11:15 am

"In other words, Hoover was the scapegoat for every allegedly Bad Thing
that ever happened prior to the Democrats gaining the White House - and
even afterwards! Some things never change. :-/ "

it seems one thing changed,
your tune.

the Gov is not to blame except when you blame the Govt, and here we have you
doing both.

and besides having 3 straight Repub Presidents the Congress had a Repub
majority in
both houses in the 68th{1923-1925{} 69th {1925-1927}70th {1927-1929}and
71st{1929-1931} Congresses.
and the Senate in the 72nd {1931-1933}

do you even pay attention to the bullshit you post? no it seems not.
so lets see you spin that.

you are again ,demontrably talking out of both sides of your ass. :-)
Briarroot
2009-08-24 15:49:19 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
[...]
<chuckle> Perceptive readers will quickly note O'Huhu's
misunderstanding. No need to defend myself when my opponent is so deft
at shooting himself in the foot!
--
"Capitalism is not only a better form of organizing human activity than
any deliberate design, any attempt to organize it to satisfy particular

"Never let a crisis go to waste." - Rahm Emanuel, Chief of Staff to
President Obama
Hugo
2009-08-24 17:09:38 UTC
[a flame war about sport]
Ok guys, could you just settle that for good in an online wargame of
your choice and post an AAR ?

This will bring you on topic again, and gives this silly and
uninteressting thread a brand new flavor.
Hugo
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-24 18:08:28 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
[...]
what they see is you in one post saying the Government was blameless in the
Great Depression and in another blaming the government for causing the
great depression.

well look on the bright side, no one will accuse you of not being even
handed, you will take both sides of an issue and declare both are 100% true.
while providing 0% backup.

you are a laughing stock.
Briarroot
2009-08-25 15:05:23 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
Post by Ray O'Hara
[...]
You just reinforced that impression of yourself! The hilarious part is:
you really *don't* know what's going on! <laughter>
--
"The serious, and sometimes chilling, provisions of the medical care
legislation that President Obama has been trying to rush through
Congress are important enough for all of us to stop and think, even
though his political strategy from the outset has been to prevent us
from having time to stop and think about it. What we also should stop to
think about is the mindset behind this legislation, which is very
consistent with the mindset behind other policies of this
administration, whether the particular issue is bailing out General
Motors, telling banks who to lend to or appointing 'czars' to tell all
sorts of people in many walks of life what they can and cannot do. The
idea that government officials can play God from Washington is not a new
idea, but it is an idea that is being pushed with new audacity. What
they are trying to do is to create an America very unlike the America
that has existed for centuries - the America that people have been
attracted to by the millions from every part of the world, the America
that many generations of Americans have fought and died for. ... The
thing most associated with America - freedom - is precisely what must be
destroyed if this is to be turned into a fundamentally different country
to suit Obama's vision of the country and of himself. But do not expect
a savvy politician like Barack Obama to express what he is doing in
terms of limiting our freedom. He may not even think of it in those
terms. He may think of it in terms of promoting 'social justice' or
making better decisions than ordinary people are capable of making for
themselves, whether about medical care or housing or many other things.
Throughout history, egalitarians have been among the most arrogant
people." - Thomas Sowell
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-25 18:02:04 UTC
Post by Briarroot
Post by Ray O'Hara
Post by Briarroot
Post by Ray O'Hara
[...]
keep dodging.
your own words expose you.
"the depression was not the governments fault"
then
"the government caused the great depression"
LOL exposed for the fraud you are.
bluster, spuutter and fume all you want. its your words you have to deny.

and now you quote another ultr-rightwing idologue.
LOL you do find them
Sowell claims Clarence Thomas as an influece. . that's all you need to know
of him

`"Throughout history, egalitarians have been among the most arrogant
people." - Thomas Sowell"

"We Hold these truths to be self evident. that all men are created equal"
Thomas Jefferson , the United States Declaration of Independence,
July 4 1776.
Briarroot
2009-08-26 15:01:57 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
Post by Briarroot
Post by Ray O'Hara
Post by Briarroot
Post by Ray O'Hara
[...]
By placing that phrase in quotation marks you directly imply that I
wrote those words. I did not. You are caught lying once again. I said
placing all the blame on the Republicans *alone* is stupid.
Post by Ray O'Hara
then
"the government caused the great depression"
I said government was *one* of the causes of the Great Depression which
is undeniably true. You yourself place the entire blame on Republican
politicians, ergo, at least in the narrowest sense, we agree on that. I
think it an obvious blunder, not to mention counter to the historical
record, to place the blame entirely on a single party. You don't get
that, but then you don't get much of anything. <shrug>
Post by Ray O'Hara
LOL exposed for the fraud you are.
bluster, spuutter and fume all you want. its your words you have to deny.
All this exposes is your own inability to comprehend the written word
along with your mendacity.
Post by Ray O'Hara
and now you quote another ultr-rightwing idologue.
LOL you do find them
*Everyone* is ultra right-wing to shitheads like you!
Post by Ray O'Hara
Sowell claims Clarence Thomas as an influece. . that's all you need to know
of him
Understandable. They are both of African descent and have made their
way to the top of their professions in a society where the hurdles
impeding success for black men are frequent and high.
Post by Ray O'Hara
`"Throughout history, egalitarians have been among the most arrogant
people." - Thomas Sowell"
"We Hold these truths to be self evident. that all men are created equal"
Thomas Jefferson , the United States Declaration of Independence,
July 4 1776.
Anyone reading this thread will quickly realize that Jefferson was
wrong. All men are *not* created equal. Some are clearly stupider than
others!
--
"Health care 'reformers' keep talking about getting us more health
insurance. Then they talk about cutting costs. This is contradictory
costs *always* go up." - John Stossel
e***@hotmail.com
2009-08-25 08:31:26 UTC
<chuckle>  Perceptive readers will quickly note O'Huhu's
misunderstanding.  No need to defend myself when my opponent is so deft
at shooting himself in the foot!
Well, since this is a nonsense thread anyway, I just got something
funny in my mailbox :

From the Australian Shooter Magazine :

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in
the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total
of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000
soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the
same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be
shot and killed in the US capital, than you are in Iraq.

The conclusion is inevitable : the US should pull out of Washington :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-25 08:56:47 UTC
<chuckle> Perceptive readers will quickly note O'Huhu's
misunderstanding. No need to defend myself when my opponent is so deft
at shooting himself in the foot!
Well, since this is a nonsense thread anyway, I just got something
funny in my mailbox :

From the Australian Shooter Magazine :

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in
the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total
of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000
soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the
same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be
shot and killed in the US capital, than you are in Iraq.

The conclusion is inevitable : the US should pull out of Washington :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

the only problem is the murder rate , for all types of murder in D.C. in
2007 the latest year statistics are available for. was 30.8 per 100,000.

but hey, never let facts get in the way of a good rant.'Briar never does.
hence this thread.
e***@hotmail.com
2009-08-25 08:59:50 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
[...]
What's the statistic for "death by getting shot" ? - I don't really
care for this subdivision into murder and manslaughter - if you're on
the receiving end of either one, the result is the same.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-25 17:22:43 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
[...]

well if the entire homicide rate , stabbings, beatings , shootings all
added together is 30.8 per 100k.
then shootings alone would be less. maybe 25 per 100k
e***@hotmail.com
2009-08-25 20:48:12 UTC
well if the entire homicide rate , stabbings, beatings , shootings  all
added together is 30.8 per 100k.
then shootings alone would be less. maybe 25 per 100k
That's for 1 year - as the statistic this is compared to is for a
period of almost 2 years, let's double the 25 to 50

Which makes Washington DC about 20% *safer* than Iraq - what a relief,
you don't need to retreat from it yet :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Giftzwerg
2009-08-25 21:27:20 UTC
In article <1da710c2-abdf-450f-a63f-f8ed41eeeb99
@f37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, ***@hotmail.com says...
Post by e***@hotmail.com
well if the entire homicide rate , stabbings, beatings , shootings  all
added together is 30.8 per 100k.
then shootings alone would be less. maybe 25 per 100k
That's for 1 year - as the statistic this is compared to is for a
period of almost 2 years, let's double the 25 to 50
Which makes Washington DC about 20% *safer* than Iraq - what a relief,
you don't need to retreat from it yet :)
Yeah, your point is, like, totally ruined by the fact that the capital
of the USA is "only" 20% safer than an area that - until, oh, January
21, 2009 or so - was a blood-soaked "fiasco."

Bad Eddy. Bad. <wrist-slap>
--
Giftzwerg
***
- Camille Paglia
e***@hotmail.com
2009-08-26 07:13:53 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
well if the entire homicide rate , stabbings, beatings , shootings  all
added together is 30.8 per 100k.
then shootings alone would be less. maybe 25 per 100k
That's for 1 year - as the statistic this is compared to is for a
period of almost 2 years, let's double the 25 to 50
Which makes Washington DC about 20% *safer* than Iraq - what a relief,
you don't need to retreat from it yet :)
Yeah, your point is, like, totally ruined by the fact that the capital
of the USA is "only" 20% safer than an area that - until, oh, January
21, 2009 or so - was a blood-soaked "fiasco."
Bad Eddy.  Bad.  <wrist-slap>
<wink> Some will get it, some won't :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Briarroot
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-25 23:29:47 UTC
well if the entire homicide rate , stabbings, beatings , shootings all
added together is 30.8 per 100k.
then shootings alone would be less. maybe 25 per 100k
That's for 1 year - as the statistic this is compared to is for a
period of almost 2 years, let's double the 25 to 50

Which makes Washington DC about 20% *safer* than Iraq - what a relief,
you don't need to retreat from it yet :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

why not go and do a ten year adding up of murders, keep fudging until you
make your "facts"
the fact is the Murser rate was overstated by a factor of .260%
and that is lying.
e***@hotmail.com
2009-08-26 07:21:41 UTC
 why not go and do a ten year adding up of  murders, keep fudging until you
make your "facts"
the fact is the Murser rate was overstated by a factor of .260%
and that is lying.
Mr. O'Hara - go back and read my original post. It clearly states the
figures are for a 22 month period, part of it covering a period you
have no figures for, hence my doubling of your conservative estimate
of 25, which comes pretty close to the number given in the original
article. Close enough for the purpose I was using it for anyway : that
given the casualty figures the US should withdraw from DC. It's a
tongue-in-cheek thing, playing with numbers, like proving Brat Pitt is
a fatty because he has a BMI of 28.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Ray O'Hara
2009-08-26 11:56:12 UTC
why not go and do a ten year adding up of murders, keep fudging until you
make your "facts"
the fact is the Murser rate was overstated by a factor of .260%
and that is lying.
Mr. O'Hara - go back and read my original post. It clearly states the
figures are for a 22 month period, part of it covering a period you
have no figures for, hence my doubling of your conservative estimate
of 25, which comes pretty close to the number given in the original
article. Close enough for the purpose I was using it for anyway : that
given the casualty figures the US should withdraw from DC. It's a
tongue-in-cheek thing, playing with numbers, like proving Brat Pitt is
a fatty because he has a BMI of 28.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

i know you were trying to be "humourous"
but humour works best when based on truth.

as the saying goes, "a good comic sees the world as a funny place, a great
comic doesn't"
e***@hotmail.com
2009-08-26 12:07:24 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
[...]
What part of "the chances of getting killed in DC are just 20% lower
than in Iraq, let's get out of that place" is untrue ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Giftzwerg
2009-08-26 14:01:11 UTC
In article <11ac32fe-98b1-43df-9cda-6b2678059da3
@c34g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>, ***@hotmail.com says...
Post by e***@hotmail.com
Post by e***@hotmail.com
 i know you were trying to be "humourous"
but humour works best when based on truth.
What part of "the chances of getting killed in DC are just 20% lower
than in Iraq, let's get out of that place" is untrue ?
Fuckstick The Mailman is obviously using the "Bush" standard for
genocidal lies - "something one says that turns out not to be 100% true
in all respects."

Either that, or he counted 16 words and reflexively shat himself.
--
Giftzwerg
***
- Doctor Zero