How to check if a Retail PC Game is really NEW factory sealed
pc games
2007-08-03 05:11:51 UTC
So after recommending all to try and buy only PC Games NEW Factory
sealed cause only this way are you actually giving your money to those
that created the game (don't forget when you buy 2nd hand none of your
money goes to the developer) I decided to show how to check if its in
fact "NEW" so here is a picture I took from a PC Game still Factory
sealed to show how can you tell if its really NEW Factory sealed or
just pretend.

See the "bending" at the top? Those bending can only be made in the
factory where the game was manufactured

Now why is this so important?
Cause plain wrap around plastic seals are fairly easy and common to do
among Retailers, cause most Retailers even small ones have some type
of machine to do so, but those will not be able to do the "bending"
you can see in the picture, so you can easy see when a plastic wrap
around was made by a Retailer or in the factory where the game was
originally manufactured.

Lets not deny the fact many Retailers are dishonest, so many times
Retailers actually open the games, use them themselves and after
finishing and probably even illegally copying the game, they seal the
game and try to pretend they are selling it as NEW when its no longer
NEW
Now you can say you don't mind Retailers doing this... I do mind, and
for me it can be a form of PIRACY but one thing its always, its
DECEIVING the customer cause when you break the "factory sealed" a
game is no longer "NEW", so you have no right to sell it "NEW" and you
should instead sell it and label it as "USED".

Although I used a European edition in the photo and my experience is
mainly in the European market so this is mostly true for the European
market its my belief with the US market switching to plastic DVD type
boxes it will also apply to them as well

Now like with everything there can be exceptions, meaning a PC Game
not "Factory sealed" but even so its really NEW and it was never used
by anyone else. This only happens in a minority of cases, either the
game being not sealed at all or having a plastic wrap around seal
without the "bending" and even they are really NEW, but these
represent 1% cause the large majority have the "bending" and its the
"bending" that shows if the game is really NEW or not
For example in my photo, I used the UK Edition of the game "Alpha
Prime"
So with "Alpha Prime" UK edition it is a certainty the plastic sealed
has the bendings so if anyone tries to sell you Alpha Prime with a
plastic seal without the bendings its clear it has been previously
opened, so its not NEW.
So basically what I'm saying is this, when a game doesn't have the
detail of the bending on top either cause it doesn't come sealed or
the plastic wrap around doesn't have it, the best is to ask other PC
Gamers that have bought the same game in other stores in what
condition did they get the game and compare with them, if they got the
game the same way the probability is the game being NEW if they got it
different then your store tried to deceive you.

Knowledge is power and consumers with knowledge are essential in not
only protecting consumer rights but to protect the PC Game market
overall
We the customers making sure Retailers do sell NEW Factory sealed is a
way to protect the PC Game market
Retailers that deceive and illegally copy the games they sell are very
damaging to us and to the PC Game market so we the customers should do
something about it
Say no to Retailers selling games not NEW Factory sealed or pretending
to sell them when they are not
Again Vote with your wallet cause it will make a difference!
Epi Watkins
2007-08-03 05:22:58 UTC
Post by pc games
So after recommending all to try and buy only PC Games NEW Factory
sealed cause only this way are you actually giving your money to those
that created the game (don't forget when you buy 2nd hand none of your
money goes to the developer)
If I buy a used car, does any of the money go to the maker?
--
Alabama has some great photographers:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bamawester/802209053/
Epi
Quaestor
2007-08-03 13:56:30 UTC
Post by Epi Watkins
Post by pc games
So after recommending all to try and buy only PC Games NEW Factory
sealed cause only this way are you actually giving your money to those
that created the game (don't forget when you buy 2nd hand none of your
money goes to the developer)
If I buy a used car, does any of the money go to the maker?
You do realize everyone who answers this netk00k is supporting his
habit, don't you?
--
Those who try to hide behind Godwin are the real net-nazis.
Philosophy: Joking about why we cuss so much.
[fourth line intentionally left blank]
Xocyll
2007-08-04 00:01:36 UTC
Post by Quaestor
Post by Epi Watkins
Post by pc games
So after recommending all to try and buy only PC Games NEW Factory
sealed cause only this way are you actually giving your money to those
that created the game (don't forget when you buy 2nd hand none of your
money goes to the developer)
If I buy a used car, does any of the money go to the maker?
You do realize everyone who answers this netk00k is supporting his
habit, don't you?
Ooh, maybe we can get him to O.D.

Xocyll
Epi Watkins
2007-08-04 01:50:33 UTC
In article <***@news.supernews.com>, ***@my.place
says...
Post by Quaestor
Post by Epi Watkins
Post by pc games
So after recommending all to try and buy only PC Games NEW Factory
sealed cause only this way are you actually giving your money to those
that created the game (don't forget when you buy 2nd hand none of your
money goes to the developer)
If I buy a used car, does any of the money go to the maker?
You do realize everyone who answers this netk00k is supporting his
habit, don't you?
With PCGames, it's sort of like Chevrolet. I'm not sure I would make a
difference by not replying.

I do try to keep it down to one reply a post. This is the second here.
Oops.
Epi
FoolsGold
2007-08-03 06:03:17 UTC
Post by pc games
Again Vote with your wallet cause it will make a difference!
I have, many times. I figure all I want is the game, so I go on Steam,
pay my moneys and start downloading immediately. I don't need packaging
or a printed manual - most of the games had PDF manuals right on the
Steam web site anyway.

Way of the future.
pc games
2007-08-03 08:05:47 UTC
On Aug 3, 6:03 am, FoolsGold <***@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know why I ever bother replying to you...
Ok but here you have it...
Post by FoolsGold
pay my moneys and start downloading immediately.
And only start playing in a couple of days cause downloading 4GB can
take forever... yeah right Fool very convenient
And why? just cause you are damn LAZY to move that FAT ASS and go
outside and buy the game in your local store

STEAM = contribution to a lazy dumb overweight society!
Post by FoolsGold
I don't need packaging or a printed manual
Neither do I Fool
What I need is a disk, a reliable manufactured disk that will serve as
a way for the game creator to distribute the game to me and at the
same time serve as a reliable backup to protect my investment
Post by FoolsGold
most of the games had PDF manuals right on the Steam web site anyway.
Yeah right STEAM LOVER, PDF was invented by Valve! no other games use
PDF except STEAM INFECTED games

Electronic manuals in PDF format have been used by the PC Gaming
industry for years! Years Fool!
Way before the Prison STEAM was even conceived by Dictator Valve.
Post by FoolsGold
Way of the future.
Removal of FREEDOM the way of the future?
We will see... yes its true neo-nazi and fascist movement are
flourishing all over the world so we will see... we will see where
will humanity is leading too...
FoolsGold
2007-08-03 08:21:55 UTC
Post by FoolsGold
pay my moneys and start downloading immediately.
And only start playing in a couple of days cause downloading 4GB can
take forever... yeah right Fool very convenient
And why? just cause you are damn LAZY to move that FAT ASS and go
outside and buy the game in your local store
STEAM = contribution to a lazy dumb overweight society!
You're making the assumption I can even FIND the game in a local store.
The vast majority of stuff in Steam I cannot find in any EB anywhere
around here (Adelaide, Australia). There are other stores to try, but
things aren't much better there either. Not enough shops stock PC games
anymore, or at least a wide-enough selection.

So what's the alternative? Retail copies through online dealers? That
works, but it takes time. With Steam I'd have finished downloading 4GB
before the retail copy gets delivered to my door.

You simply can't find PC games, or the wide selection anyways, anywhere
else but Steam these days. It's as simple as that.
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
I don't need packaging or a printed manual
Neither do I Fool
What I need is a disk, a reliable manufactured disk that will serve as
a way for the game creator to distribute the game to me and at the
same time serve as a reliable backup to protect my investment
It's not hard to backup the game files downloaded vista steam. Besides,
reliable media isn't that important anyways when you can redownload the
content at will.
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
most of the games had PDF manuals right on the Steam web site anyway.
Yeah right STEAM LOVER, PDF was invented by Valve! no other games use
PDF except STEAM INFECTED games
Electronic manuals in PDF format have been used by the PC Gaming
industry for years! Years Fool!
Way before the Prison STEAM was even conceived by Dictator Valve.
I know that, but the cool thing is that a lot of the manuals available
on Steam are for games that never had PDF manuals to begin with! They
only were created when the games were placed on Steam. Heck, I recall a
guy a while back asking for a manual for Deus Ex Invisible War, where he
got one in his retail copy with the wrong language I believe. If he went
to Steam and downloaded the PDF, he'd get the right one for free; he
wouldn't even have to buy the game through Steam either. :)
They're just games dude.
Schrodinger
2007-08-03 08:57:50 UTC
Post by pc games
I don't know why I ever bother replying to you...
Ok but here you have it...
Unless this guy is a sock puppet, how come he goes from barely readable
English to comfortably using colloquelisms?
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
pay my moneys and start downloading immediately.
And only start playing in a couple of days cause downloading 4GB can
take forever... yeah right Fool very convenient
And why? just cause you are damn LAZY to move that FAT ASS and go
outside and buy the game in your local store
Definite Americanisms here. A fluid use of the language.
Post by pc games
STEAM = contribution to a lazy dumb overweight society!
Oops. Realised he was sounding normal and started haranguing.
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
I don't need packaging or a printed manual
Neither do I Fool
We see a "Mr T" influence now.
Post by pc games
What I need is a disk, a reliable manufactured disk that will serve as
a way for the game creator to distribute the game to me and at the
same time serve as a reliable backup to protect my investment
Quite a complex sentence, delivered in context. Hmmm.
Post by FoolsGold
Way of the future.
Removal of FREEDOM the way of the future?
We will see... yes its true neo-nazi and fascist movement are
flourishing all over the world so we will see... we will see where
will humanity is leading too...
Finish off with the Steam rant.

This guy is not the half wit some think he is. I'm convinced he's a Sock
Puppet for someone in here. Entertaining true, but a sham nonetheless.
Morgan
2007-08-03 10:35:30 UTC
Post by pc games
And only start playing in a couple of days cause downloading 4GB can
take forever... yeah right Fool very convenient
Now now, just because you've got a slow net connection doesn't meant that
everyone has. :-)

Seriously, Broadband is fast becoming the norm and it's only goign to get
faster. I'm currently on a 4Mb connection. I'm intending to upgrad that to
20 at some point in the near future.
Post by pc games
And why? just cause you are damn LAZY to move that FAT ASS and go
outside and buy the game in your local store
Let me think, get in car, drive into town, pay to park find a shop that has
what I want in stock pay £30-£35 for it. Drive home.

Or, set a steam download going and pay $20-$35 which works out at about
£10-£18. Plus the fact that I don't need to use petrol or pay for parking.
Post by pc games
STEAM = contribution to a lazy dumb overweight society!
or STEAM = better on the enviroment and my wallet.
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
I don't need packaging or a printed manual
Neither do I Fool
What I need is a disk, a reliable manufactured disk that will serve as
a way for the game creator to distribute the game to me and at the
same time serve as a reliable backup to protect my investment
Get a decent DVD writer and some quality media if it's such a problem for
you.
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
most of the games had PDF manuals right on the Steam web site anyway.
Yeah right STEAM LOVER, PDF was invented by Valve! no other games use
PDF except STEAM INFECTED games
Er, I don't think he was saying that Steam developed .PDF
Post by pc games
Electronic manuals in PDF format have been used by the PC Gaming
industry for years! Years Fool!
Way before the Prison STEAM was even conceived by Dictator Valve.
I think you need to look up the word dictator. You don't apear to know what
it actualy means.
Post by pc games
Post by FoolsGold
Way of the future.
Removal of FREEDOM the way of the future?
We will see... yes its true neo-nazi and fascist movement are
flourishing all over the world so we will see... we will see where
will humanity is leading too..
What are you smoking? And can I have some?

Seriously here's my take on steam:

The Good:
Overall it's a good thing. It provides an easy way to get hold of a game,
and it's cheaper (at least in the UK) than buying a boxed copy. I'm hoping
that it's going to be a good medium for small developers to get titles out
there where they don't have to convince a publisher to take on the overheads
of mass production of media and packaging. I understand that people want to
have a physical copy for their own backup but that can be done by backing up
the file and burning to a CD/DVD.

The Bad:
The down side. If it's a game I really want then I want a proper box and
and a proper manual. For example, if Bioshock come out on steam then I'm
still gonna get a boxed copy. Also Steam currently has a very limited
library of games.

and the Ugly:
The only issue I've had with steam was HL2. If I chose to by a boxed copy
of a game then I don't expect to have to install an other third party piece
of software in order to play it.
Mr. Bad Example
2007-08-03 12:30:21 UTC
[the usual nonsense]
Never in my life did I think someone would make me nostalgic for Eep.
--
Dance like it hurts.
Love like you need money.
Work when people are watching.
Morgan
2007-08-03 12:59:51 UTC
Post by Mr. Bad Example
[the usual nonsense]
Never in my life did I think someone would make me nostalgic for Eep.
Eep was more fun though. He changed his argument every two or three replies,
normally to the point what he contradicted his original argument.
FoolsGold
Who is this Eep? Did I join the Usenet experience too late?
e***@hotmail.com
2007-08-03 13:32:07 UTC
Post by FoolsGold
Post by Morgan
Post by Mr. Bad Example
[the usual nonsense]
Never in my life did I think someone would make me nostalgic for Eep.
Eep was more fun though. He changed his argument every two or three
replies, normally to the point what he contradicted his original argument.
Who is this Eep? Did I join the Usenet experience too late?
By common consent Usenet is divided into two time periods :

BDS and ADS - Before D*r*k Sm*rt and After D*r*k Sm*rt

If you're ADS you've missed 90% of all the jolly flamewars and other
fun stuff

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx - BDS
Morgan
2007-08-03 13:36:06 UTC
Post by FoolsGold
Post by Morgan
Post by Mr. Bad Example
[the usual nonsense]
Never in my life did I think someone would make me nostalgic for Eep.
Eep was more fun though. He changed his argument every two or three
replies, normally to the point what he contradicted his original argument.
Who is this Eep? Did I join the Usenet experience too late?
He was (almost certainly) a troll who used to hang out her a couple of year
back I think it must be now. He was a self professed expert in 3D graphics,
game design and newsgroup client software (He actually knew very little)
Come to think of it he knew very little about most things but claimed to be
an expert.

do a google groups search for Eep2, there should be loads of stuff to laugh
at.
Shawk
2007-08-03 19:06:54 UTC
Post by FoolsGold
Post by Morgan
Post by Mr. Bad Example
[the usual nonsense]
Never in my life did I think someone would make me nostalgic for Eep.
Eep was more fun though. He changed his argument every two or three
replies, normally to the point what he contradicted his original argument.
Who is this Eep? Did I join the Usenet experience too late?
Hopefully it's archived because there was some choice madness in there.
Much more class than our current pet NG idiot
Pibbur
2007-08-04 08:06:34 UTC
På Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:30:21 +0200, skrev Mr. Bad Example
Post by Mr. Bad Example
[the usual nonsense]
Never in my life did I think someone would make me nostalgic for Eep.
Yeah, I've been thinking about him as well. Wonder why.
--
Pibbur
"- Luce, pater tuus sum"
"- Minime! Minime!"
Ken Rice
2007-08-03 18:11:39 UTC
Post by pc games
clip
Lets not deny the fact many Retailers are dishonest, so many times
Retailers actually open the games, use them themselves and after
finishing and probably even illegally copying the game, they seal the
game and try to pretend they are selling it as NEW when its no longer
NEW.
clip
Dishonest retailers is nothing new.

One retailer tried to sell me a used game as new once. When I bought Ultima 4
(Apple //e version) from a mail order retailer back in the 80s, the game I
received was missing the metal ankh that was supposed to come with the game,
and the disks had a saved game on it that was near the end of the game. To the
retailer's credit, they did send me a new copy when I protested.
Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.
John Lewis
2007-08-04 05:18:19 UTC
... drivel deleted....
Lets not deny the fact many Retailers are dishonest,
Coming from the person considering purchasing HL2 and then planning to
promptly violate the EULA with a Steam-circumventing pirate-hack, that
is such a laugh. Filthy black pot calling the kettle(s) black ? Bought
and hacked your retail copy of HL2 yet ?
Retailers actually open the games, use them themselves and after
finishing and probably even illegally copying the game, they seal the
game and try to pretend they are selling it as NEW when its no longer
NEW
Actually most retailers here in the US now open ALL games in their
display-shelf inventory, both console and PC, and store the disks in
locked cabinets behind the sales desk TO COMBAT BLATANT THIEVERY.
If you truly want a factory-sealed copy, you had better hope that the
retailer has extra copies of the game back in their storage room.
... rest of repetitive and boring drivel deleted....
John Lewis
John Lewis
2007-08-04 05:52:39 UTC
Post by John Lewis
... drivel deleted....
Lets not deny the fact many Retailers are dishonest,
Coming from the person considering purchasing HL2 and then planning to
promptly violate the EULA with a Steam-circumventing pirate-hack, that
is such a laugh. Filthy black pot calling the kettle(s) black ? Bought
and hacked your retail copy of HL2 yet ?
Sorry, I forgot a vital word from your original posting on this
matter...

... hacked your USED retail copy of HL2 yet? Not exactly above buying
a used-copy of a game yourself, if it fits your mentally-twisted
agenda.

John Lewis
The Qurqirish Dragon
2007-08-04 13:57:08 UTC
Post by John Lewis
Post by pc games
Retailers actually open the games, use them themselves and after
finishing and probably even illegally copying the game, they seal the
game and try to pretend they are selling it as NEW when its no longer
NEW
Actually most retailers here in the US now open ALL games in their
display-shelf inventory, both console and PC, and store the disks in
locked cabinets behind the sales desk TO COMBAT BLATANT THIEVERY.
If you truly want a factory-sealed copy, you had better hope that the
retailer has extra copies of the game back in their storage room.
I have found that most of the local stores (EBs and Gamestops, mostly)
have only one "opened-new" box for display. Most of the time, if I ask
for a sealed copy, they will have one. Other stores, such as Best Buy
have the factory-sealed ones on the shelves, and others (like Walmart)
have them in a locked cabinet, and so are also sealed. If you want an
older game, then you may be stuck with the off-the-shelf one, but in
those stores, they usually only have older games as used copies
anyway.
pc games
2007-08-15 04:12:38 UTC
Post by The Qurqirish Dragon
I have found that most of the local stores (EBs and Gamestops, mostly)
have only one "opened-new" box for display. Most of the time, if I ask
for a sealed copy, they will have one. Other stores, such as Best Buy
have the factory-sealed ones on the shelves, and others (like Walmart)
have them in a locked cabinet, and so are also sealed. If you want an
older game, then you may be stuck with the off-the-shelf one, but in
those stores, they usually only have older games as used copies
anyway.
I'd say, boycott any Retail Store that is selling opened games.
No matter what if you open a game its no longer NEW, so if they are
selling open games as NEW they are trying to fool the customer and as
a consumer I can only think of one thing... BOYCOTT
Morgan
2007-08-05 13:00:57 UTC
Post by John Lewis
... drivel deleted....
Lets not deny the fact many Retailers are dishonest,
Coming from the person considering purchasing HL2 and then planning to
promptly violate the EULA with a Steam-circumventing pirate-hack, that
is such a laugh. Filthy black pot calling the kettle(s) black ? Bought
and hacked your retail copy of HL2 yet ?
I really don't see how anyone other than Valve can have a problem with this.
I know that the OP is a kook and all but what is the moral problem with
anyone violating a EULA. I can get people who get pissed of with people
pirating software but choosing to not use Steam is a personal choice. I use
it, I think it's good for buying games. However I don't like the fact that
I was forced to install it to play a game that I bought form a shop.
John Lewis
2007-08-05 21:25:43 UTC
Post by Morgan
Post by John Lewis
... drivel deleted....
Lets not deny the fact many Retailers are dishonest,
Coming from the person considering purchasing HL2 and then planning to
promptly violate the EULA with a Steam-circumventing pirate-hack, that
is such a laugh. Filthy black pot calling the kettle(s) black ? Bought
and hacked your retail copy of HL2 yet ?
I really don't see how anyone other than Valve can have a problem with this.
I know that the OP is a kook and all but what is the moral problem with
anyone violating a EULA. I can get people who get pissed of with people
pirating software but choosing to not use Steam is a personal choice. I use
it, I think it's good for buying games. However I don't like the fact that
I was forced to install it to play a game that I bought form a shop.
... if you have been reading our favorite lunatic's postings for the
past few months, you would have realized that I was just pointing out
his total hypocrisy.... in him suggesting a series of actions that a
few weeks earlier were the subjects of his scorn in a lengthy series
of his CAPITALS-laced diatribes:-

1. purchasing a used copy of any game ( "pc-games": 'no remuneration
for the developer')
2. illegally hacking a game to circumvent the copy-protection
("pc-games: 'this is piracy. ' Of course "pc games" admits to being a
so-called reformed-pirate, so maybe he needs to attends some more
sessions @PA [pirates-anonymous] )
3. Buying a game with copy-protection ( "pc-games": only support
developers that issue PC games with no copy-protection )
pc games
2007-08-15 04:16:37 UTC
Post by John Lewis
1. purchasing a used copy of any game ( "pc-games": 'no remuneration
I never said I would reward ALL developers
I said I would reward those that are FRIENDLY to me
Valve have been treating me like SHIT since 2004 so I will never ever
reward them neither I will give them even I dime from my own money!
If I ever buy a Valve game you bet it will always be USED!
And don't tell me that is illegal cause AMAZON US is selling it so if
they are selling it and if its illegal call the cops!
Post by John Lewis
2. illegally hacking a game to circumvent the copy-protection
Do you feel I will have any problem at all "circumventing" anything
that comes from TYRANT GREEDY ARROGANT RUTHELESS DICTATOR Valve?
You must be fucking out of your mind Lewis!
In a matter of fact I will sleep much better knowing I'm doing
something to stop Valve from creating MONOPOLY in PC Games
Post by John Lewis
3. Buying a game with copy-protection ( "pc-games": only support
developers that issue PC games with no copy-protection )
Wrong Lewis
Unfortunately I buy lots and lots of games with copy-protection
What I do is EXTRA REWARD those with no copy-protection meaning I will
buy more than one unit and that is why I bought 6 units of Unreal
Anthology which hasn't any copy protection and I did only buy ONE unit
of FEAR for example cause it has copy-protection
Understood?
John Lewis
2007-08-16 02:28:10 UTC
Post by pc games
Post by John Lewis
1. purchasing a used copy of any game ( "pc-games": 'no remuneration
I never said I would reward ALL developers
I said I would reward those that are FRIENDLY to me
Valve have been treating me like SHIT since 2004 so I will never ever
reward them neither I will give them even I dime from my own money!
If I ever buy a Valve game you bet it will always be USED!
And don't tell me that is illegal cause AMAZON US is selling it so if
they are selling it and if its illegal call the cops!
Amazon itself is not selling any used copies of Valve games.

see this little note on the (PC) Half-Life 2 page.... you conveniently
missed it...

"Note: This item is only available from third-party sellers"

Hopefully they are supplying some other key data besides the game
itself, if the game is used... otherwise their customer ratings on
that particular item will go to hell in a handbasket. And Valve
legally can go after any of these sellers any time they wish,
especially seller "www smart-gamer_com", since the following text is
in the seller's message:

"Comments: Perfect condition, Steam Activation guarenteed, gift
quality. Same day shipping with tracking number."

All Valve need do is buy the game anonymously and check with their
data-base whether it has ever been activated previously. If it has,
they have a legal basis for a law-suit.
Post by pc games
Post by John Lewis
2. illegally hacking a game to circumvent the copy-protection
Do you feel I will have any problem at all "circumventing" anything
that comes from TYRANT GREEDY ARROGANT RUTHELESS DICTATOR Valve?
You must be fucking out of your mind Lewis!
In a matter of fact I will sleep much better knowing I'm doing
something to stop Valve from creating MONOPOLY in PC Games
Well, go ahead right now and buy a used copy of HL2 instead of
spouting on this newsgroup, and follow-up here by detailing you
subsequent experiences.
Post by pc games
Post by John Lewis
3. Buying a game with copy-protection ( "pc-games": only support
developers that issue PC games with no copy-protection )
Wrong Lewis
Unfortunately I buy lots and lots of games with copy-protection
What I do is EXTRA REWARD those with no copy-protection meaning I will
buy more than one unit and that is why I bought 6 units of Unreal
Anthology which hasn't any copy protection and I did only buy ONE unit
of FEAR for example cause it has copy-protection
Understood?
What do you do with all the extra game-copies? Sit on them so that you
can reach the keyboard ? Some mothers have 'em... your mother hit the
jackpot! I pity the poor lady... her burden in raising you must have
been very great. Hopefully, you have been gracious enough by now to
have relieved her of that burden.

John Lewis
pc games
2007-08-15 04:19:33 UTC
Post by John Lewis
Coming from the person considering purchasing HL2 and then planning to
promptly violate the EULA with a Steam-circumventing pirate-hack, that
is such a laugh. Filthy black pot calling the kettle(s) black ? Bought
and hacked your retail copy of HL2 yet ?
No cause nobody helped me, do you want to help me Lewis?
Do you know if the steamless HL2 does in fact work and what Retail
version works best?
Post by John Lewis
Actually most retailers here in the US now open ALL games in their
display-shelf inventory, both console and PC, and store the disks in
locked cabinets behind the sales desk TO COMBAT BLATANT THIEVERY.
Like those working in Retail stores are saints and don't themselves
use the game for their own personal use!
When it suits you Lewis you go after Retailers other times like this
you close your eyes
Let me ask you this, do you buy OPENED games selling at FULL PRICE?
Will you buy GRAW2 full price seeing it has been opened in the store?
John Lewis
2007-08-16 04:00:22 UTC
Post by John Lewis
Actually most retailers here in the US now open ALL games in their
display-shelf inventory, both console and PC, and store the disks in
locked cabinets behind the sales desk TO COMBAT BLATANT THIEVERY.
Like those working in Retail stores are saints and don't themselves
use the game for their own personal use!
When it suits you Lewis you go after Retailers other times like this
you close your eyes
Let me ask you this, do you buy OPENED games selling at FULL PRICE?
Will you buy GRAW2 full price seeing it has been opened in the store?
Well I bought R6:Vegas at the current full price -- $19.99 -- a couple
of weeks ago from my local Gamestop, the only copy in stock at that
time; it had been "opened", with the disc AND manual (with CD-key)
placed in their locked drawer, no problems SP or MP (w/latest patch of
course).

I bought GRAW2 on-line from Gogamer @$29.95 on one of their Madness
deals... New, with manufacturer's seal as usual.

Must be ze filthee scummy Portuguese software dealers that you
distrust.....

John Lewis